The North Shore Library will present free movies this summer on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. The movies are chosen to coordinate with the variety of Milwaukee festivals. A special treat will be offered - often with an ethnic flavor. So tour the world and expand your horizon with a trip to the North Shore Library.
Tuesday, August 24th 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm "Like Water for Chocolate" (Mexican Fiesta) Expect to be very hungry (and perhaps amorous) after watching this contemporary classic in the small genre of food movies. Director Alfonso Arau adapts a novel by his former wife, Laura Esquivel, to tell the story of a young woman who learns to suppress her passions under the eye of a stern mother, and instead channels her passion into cooking. The result is a steady stream of cuisine so delicious as to be an erotic experience for those lucky enough to have a bite. You might just want to rush off to a good Mexican restaurant after the show, but some samples of Mexican food will be served.
Tuesday, August 31 - "Only When I Dance" (Labor Fest)
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...