The North Shore Library will present free movies this summer on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. The movies are chosen to coordinate with the variety of Milwaukee festivals. A special treat will be offered - often with an ethnic flavor. So tour the world and expand your horizon with a trip to the North Shore Library.
Tuesday, August 24th 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm "Like Water for Chocolate" (Mexican Fiesta) Expect to be very hungry (and perhaps amorous) after watching this contemporary classic in the small genre of food movies. Director Alfonso Arau adapts a novel by his former wife, Laura Esquivel, to tell the story of a young woman who learns to suppress her passions under the eye of a stern mother, and instead channels her passion into cooking. The result is a steady stream of cuisine so delicious as to be an erotic experience for those lucky enough to have a bite. You might just want to rush off to a good Mexican restaurant after the show, but some samples of Mexican food will be served.
Tuesday, August 31 - "Only When I Dance" (Labor Fest)
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Fall Bulletin Registration Info
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Glendale volunteer police deparment reunion
- Greendale High School alum Kamilah Lay awarded scholarship
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Psychic & Healing Fair
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS