Nicolet (24-2 overall), which just clinched a share of the North Shore Conference title last night with a sweep of Slinger in a pair of games, recently earned the top seed in the WIAA Whitefish Bay sectional.
The Knights will now host eighth-seeded Grafton in a regional final game on Tuesday, July 21. The winner will face the victor of fourth-seeded Homestead and fifth-seeded Brown Deer in a 10 a.m. sectional semifinal game on Friday, July 24 at Bay. Homestead will host Brown Deer in an 8 p.m. regional tilt July 21.
Host Bay (17-9) earned the second seed and will host seventh-seeded Shorewood in its July 21 regional contest. The winner of that tilt will challenge the victor of third-seeded Cedarburg and sixth-seeded Port Washington in a 1 p.m. sectional semifinal July 24 in Bay.
The sectional championship is slated for 4:30 p.m. July 24 back at Bay with the winner advancing to the WIAA State Tournament in Stevens Point on July 29 and 30.
Brown Deer advanced to the state tournament last season beating Nicolet in the sectional final.
- Kasmarick adjusting to life as Whitefish Bay athletic director
- Whitefish Bay baseball team ends Shorewood magic with regional win
- Baseball: West Bend West's Burns beats Whitefish Bay baseball team on mound, at plate in sectional
- Baseball: Whitefish Bay baseball team wins regioinal title over Shorewood, 9-3
- Baseball : Whitefish Bay baseball team advances with 4-0 win over Brown Deer
- Whitefish Bay baseball team sarts to find direction in win over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay All-Suburban choice Koehn led Bay softball team this season
- Whitefish Bay hires new hockey, volleyball coaches
- Whitefish Bay baseball team looking for consistency
- Whitefish Bay baseball team bounces back with win over Nicolet