In this second year of the jammed-up, gerry-mandered WIAA boys tennis sectionals, it's time to pronounce the WIAA experiment of a different kind of "regional representation" a failure. It's time to go back to spreading the best Milwaukee-area teams (read: best teams in the state) among three sectionals like it was before. That way you get the best kids to state and the best tournament possible!
Events at the WIAA State Track Meet that Whitefish Bay's Rhashad Gray (D1) and Brown Deer's Zack Baun (D2) will be participating in this weekend. Both are favorites in their respective high-jump events.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
A "WOW!" MOMENT
Call it the "Camille Davre" effect. The winner of the 800 and 1,600 at the Hamilton track sectional, the Bay star stunned the crowd when she came from about 30 meters down on the backstretch to the lead on the third leg of the 4x400 relay in the space of less than 100 meters. The crowd roared with approval as Bay wound up winning the race.
- Kasmarick adjusting to life as Whitefish Bay athletic director
- Whitefish Bay baseball team ends Shorewood magic with regional win
- Baseball: West Bend West's Burns beats Whitefish Bay baseball team on mound, at plate in sectional
- Baseball: Whitefish Bay baseball team wins regioinal title over Shorewood, 9-3
- Baseball : Whitefish Bay baseball team advances with 4-0 win over Brown Deer
- Whitefish Bay baseball team sarts to find direction in win over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay All-Suburban choice Koehn led Bay softball team this season
- Whitefish Bay hires new hockey, volleyball coaches
- Whitefish Bay baseball team looking for consistency
- Whitefish Bay baseball team bounces back with win over Nicolet