It was a match-up of Whitefish Bay's firepower versus Homestead's depth as the two teams wound up in a dead heat tie in the North Shore Conference Indoor track meet at Cedarburg Tuesday night.
The two teams finished with 111 points apiece as Grafton was third (64-1/2), Germantown fourth (63-1/2) and Nicolet eighth with 28.
Bay was led by Rhashad Gray who won both the high jump (6-2) and the 200-meter dash (23.93 seconds).
Other firsts for the Blue Dukes included George Papajohn in the 800 (2:05.31), the four-lap relay (1:16.79), Ben Wallace in the pole vault (12-6) and Adam Strehlow in the 55 hurdles (8.05). Strehlow's teammate Colin Downing made it one-two in the hurdles when he took second in the 55-meter race in 8.34.
For Homestead, it was a matter of getting second places, as the Highlanders amassed seven runner-up slots en route to tieing for the title.
They included Nick Allen in the 55 (6.87) and 200 dashes (24.07), Evan Routhier in the 1,600 (4:39.9), Patrick Curran in the 400 (54.69), Parker Lewis in the pole vault (12-0), Elijah Triggs in the high jump (6-0) and the 1,600 relay (3:41.15).
The relay finish was important as it was the last race of the night and the Highlanders finished just ahead of Bay in third (3:44.85).
For Germantown, the Warhawks were led by the one-two finish of Michael Cooney (47-2 1/2) and Cole karcz (45-10), respectively, in the shot put, while Nick Holcomb was second in the long jump (21-1 1/2).
For Nicolet, the Knights earned two firsts as DeVante Coleman won the 55 dash (6.68) and Desmond Steward claimed the long jump (21-4 1/2).
- Kasmarick adjusting to life as Whitefish Bay athletic director
- Whitefish Bay baseball team ends Shorewood magic with regional win
- Baseball: West Bend West's Burns beats Whitefish Bay baseball team on mound, at plate in sectional
- Baseball: Whitefish Bay baseball team wins regioinal title over Shorewood, 9-3
- Baseball : Whitefish Bay baseball team advances with 4-0 win over Brown Deer
- Whitefish Bay baseball team sarts to find direction in win over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay All-Suburban choice Koehn led Bay softball team this season
- Whitefish Bay hires new hockey, volleyball coaches
- Whitefish Bay baseball team looking for consistency
- Whitefish Bay baseball team bounces back with win over Nicolet