Whitefish Bay is the latest community in Wisconsin looking to become a Bird City USA community, with backing by the Whitefish Bay Garden Club and Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation.
Bird City USA is Bayside-based organization that was created a year ago through participation with the Milwaukee Audubon Society. It is designed to promote bird conservation by working with member municipalities to examine best practices for bird habitats.
Designees hold a ceremonial event that includes a plaque presentation and educational events. To qualify, a municipality needs to pay $100 annually and go through a comprehensive application process.
The Village Board approved moving forward with the application process Monday with the caveat the membership fee be split in thirds between the Garden Club, Civic Foundation and the village's operating budget.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Glendale officials seek names for venues in Richard E. Maslowski Community Park
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- Jewish nonprofit leader passes torch after 13 years