After fielding comments from nearly 30 residents Monday, the Whitefish Bay Village Board and Plan Commission voted to forward proposed modifications at the Karl Jewish Community Campus to the Architectural Review Commission. The appointed body will be reviewing the organization's fencing proposal.
JCC officials are requesting eight operational and structural changes at the campus, 6423 N. Santa Monica Blvd. The list includes proposed fencing on the back field of the property, increasing the number of permissible annual special events on the campus from 12 to 20 and requesting up to 30 events, including wedding receptions, be allowed to function until 1 a.m., as opposed to the current 11 p.m. cut off time.
Once the ARC has weighed in on JCC's fencing plans, the full proposal will go back to the Plan Commission for further deliberation and a recommendation to the Village Board.
"The village still has three more meetings before any final action can be taken," Village Attorney Chris Jaekels said, pointing to the procedures outlined in Whitefish Bay's code.
Residents expressed myriad opinions during Monday's discussion, which lasted several hours. Proponents praised JCC for the services it offered the community. But proponents expressed concerns about traffic, noise and light pollution in the midst of what is an otherwise residential area.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner'
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay