The American Red Cross has set up an emergency shelter at the Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, due to a power outage in the Shorewood area.
The shelter will have cots and is providing food, comfort and a cool place to stay.
A news release from Red Cross asked for neighbors to check on neighbors if they don't have power as it is still very hot.
Sometime before 7 p.m., a transformer in Shorewood near Capitol Drive and Oakland Avenue blew and started on fire causing a power outage in the area.
At nearby Shorewood High School, when the power came back on, the fire boiler reacted in "emergency mode." The flange on the pipe broke, causing flooding in the performing arts building's basement with some flooding in the orchestra room as well. The pipe was shut off relatively quickly, according to information given at a Shorewood School Board meeting that took place tonight at the high school.
- 12-year-old Shorewood journalist gets her scoop at the Republican National Convention
- 92-year-old Shorewood building will be torn down to make way for North Shore Bank building
- Milwaukee's first surf shop rides into Shorewood
- Development is off the table in Wilson Drive discussions
- Bublr makes push for extra bike rental stations in Shorewood
- Three Lions Pub, Camp Bar allowed to have patio seating on the street
- Construction delayed on Shorewood ice cream shop
- Shorewood group encourages shoppers to bring their own bag
- Shorewood Criterium Classic set for June 23
- Shorewood trustees approve new police department