Shorewood - The fireworks cancelled at Shorewood's Fourth of July celebration will light up the sky at Friends of Atwater Beach's fourth annual beach party on Aug. 11.
The beach party will run from 3-10 p.m. on the upper lawn of Atwater Park and will feature local bands Lil' Debbie & The Tone Gods, Fred Bliffert & the Atwater Beach Blues Band, and Dukster.
Admission will be free and food will be $6 per plate. All proceeds will go toward restoring the beach.
"The beach party celebrates this wonderful natural resource," said FAB co-founder Jay Urban in a news release, "and provides a way for people to support FAB's mission."
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay