Brown Deer — The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office has ruled former educator Ronn Johnson's death a suicide.
Johnson was found Dec. 30 in the remains of his home, which had been destroyed in a fire. According to a police news release the exact cause of the fire remains unknown, though "ignitable fluids were located in atypical areas, which could indicate the fire may have been intentional."
Johnson was an ex-charter school leader and former Milwaukee Public Schools teacher. He was charged last summer with nearly two dozen felonies in a child sex abuse case. Prior to his death, Johnson was out on bail after being accused of sexually assaulting five children over more than 20 years.
- Rock climbing wall, trampolines might come to Brown Deer business park
- Brown Deer man accused of molesting, photographing 11-year-old stepdaughter
- Brown Deer school taxes going down
- Brown Deer Elementary School schedule might change
- Three juveniles arrested after police pursuit
- Marquette students offer marketing advice to Brown Deer
- Gas station, offices coming to Brown Deer
- Brown Deer named an 'All-America City'
- Brown Deer competing to become an 'All-America City'
- Public weighs in on Brown Deer Park changes