The River Hills Village Board on Wednesday approved a request by staff at the University School of Milwaukee to increase annual enrollment caps from 1,100 to 1,250 students across all grade levels, starting with the upcoming 2012-13 school year.
With an estimated 1,090 students expected to attend the K-12 USM this fall, Laura Fuller, head of the school, said she wanted to be proactive, in the event enrollment were to increase.
The existing 1,100-student cap has been in place since 1987.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay