· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after an officer saw her car in a ditch facing the wrong way in the 700 block of East Fairy Chasm Road at 1 a.m. Jan. 25. The driver told offices she had just turned to go home when her car spun out. She was chewing gum but there was a slight odor of alcohol on her breath. She was taken to the station where she failed field sobriety tests. Her blood alcohol content was 0.11.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after he was seen turning on a red arrow at Port Washington and Brown Deer roads at 3:30 a.m. Jan. 25. The man, who admitted having two beers, had a BAC of 0.11.
· A viola valued at $610 was taken when left in a hallway near the gym at Brown Deer Elementary School, 5757 W. Dean Road, about 9 a.m. Jan. 14. The class entered through that door but left from another and when the student returned, the viola was gone.
· Cars were entered or entry attempted in the 7300 block of West Plaza Circle, the 8200 block of North Edge O Woods Drive, the 8400 block of North 64th Street, the 8500 block of North 68th Street, the 9000 block of North Bethanne Drive and the 9100 block of Brandybrook Trail on Jan. 14 or 15. Footprints of a Nike Air Force One size 13 shoe were found at most locations. One resident said $20 was taken but most said cars were entered but nothing taken.
· A Brown Deer woman, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after she called 911 reporting her boyfriend had hit her at 2:40 a.m. Jan. 15. The investigation revealed the woman had been the aggressor throwing soda on the man and kicking him in the groin after she found he sent a text to another woman.
· A purse valued at $275 and contents including prescribed medication was taken from a car in the 9000 block of North Green Bay Road about 12:40 p.m. Jan. 15. The victim said she had locked the car but found a rear door open.
· A female, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft from her employer T.J. Maxx, 9020 N. Green Bay Road, at 2:30 p.m. Jan. 16. The employee had activated a $100 gift certificate without paying for it and began using it. Later she told police, she was just practicing so she'd know how if a customer asked.
· Two male students, ages and residences not released, were cited for disorderly conduct/fighting in the walkway near the football field at Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th St., at 4:10 p.m. Jan. 16. The students began to fight after one accused the other of "force kissing" his girlfriend.
· More than $600 cash was taken during a burglary at the French Quarter Salon, 3900 W. Brown Deer Road, on Jan. 16 or 17. There was also about $300 damage to the salon areas.
· Two Brown Deer brothers, ages not released, were arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related and one also on a warrant, after fighting over a blanket taken out of dryer too soon and it was still wet at 11 a.m. Jan. 17.
· A smartphone valued at $600 was taken from a gym locker while the owner was in gym at Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th St., before 11 a.m. Jan. 17.
· A woman and man, ages and residences not released, were arrested for disorderly conduct at Rollies Tavern, 7751 N. Teutonia Ave., at 11:25 p.m. Jan. 17. The woman began to yell and swear at the bartender and a patron threatening to get a gun and shoot them. The man with the woman told her he "had her back" and then threatened to "whoop her." When the woman was arrested she denied doing anything wrong.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for hit and run, driving while suspended and failure to have insurance after she caused an accident and then left the scene in the 4900 block of West Bradley Road at 10 a.m. Jan. 20. When police located her, she told them she fled because she was nervous for not having insurance. Damage was $500.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with three prior convictions, driving while suspended and a warrant after losing control of his car and ending up in a snow bank in the 8400 block of North 63rd Street at 8:18 p.m. Jan. 20. He denied drinking saying he was just upset because his cat was sick, then said he was on the way to buy baby food and then finally admitted having a beer and a shot of brandy. He was taken for a blood draw and when he returned to the department asked police for a breath test. His blood alcohol content was 0.11.
· A resident reported fraudulent use of her Kohl's credit card in August and September and reported Jan. 20. More than $2,800 was charged at a local Kohl's using her credit card number.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of marijuana after a report of the odor of the drug at Clare Hall at Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road, at 11:35 p.m. Jan. 22. The woman, a student, at first denied smoking marijuana saying she had just stepped outside and had a cigarette. Marijuana weighing 3 grams was found in a pill bottle in her room.
· A digital music player and a laptop computer valued at $750 were taken from a car in the Sear's lot, 5900 N. Port Washington Road, between 12:45 and 1:30 p.m. Jan. 16. A window was broken to gain entry.
· A woman, age and residence not available, was arrested on a warrant and for theft of clothing including pants and boots valued at $217 from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, about 1:30 p.m. Jan. 16. The woman entered a fitting room with the items and exited wearing the stolen pants and boots.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested Jan. 22 for theft of credit cards and other personal belongings taken from a purse in an unlocked office at Bryant & Stratton College, 500 W. Silver Spring Drive, about 5 p.m. Jan. 16. The woman, a student, used one of the stolen credit cards at Kohl's and that purchase was caught on surveillance video. A college employee was able to identify her.
· A woman was seen taking 23 cans of baby formula valued at $390 from Pick 'n Save, 1735 W. Silver Spring Drive, at 4:10 p.m. Jan. 17. The woman fled the store and got away.
· A resident reported an attempted scam after getting numerous calls from a person with a Jamaican accent telling her she won a $4 million dollar sweepstakes and to send $360 via Western Union to collect Jan. 17. No money was sent.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for driving while suspended, with eight prior convictions, nonregistration, failure to have insurance and a warrant for possession of marijuana in the 5700 block of North Port Washington Road at 6:35 p.m. Jan. 17.
· A 13-year-old girl, residence not released, was arrested for obstruction and theft of clothing valued at $316 at Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 3:40 p.m. Jan. 18. The girl, who had taken 10 items of clothing, gave police a false name and birth date. She was turned over to a relative.
· Four cars were scratched, had windshields broken and super glue placed in their door locks in the 5200 block of North Mohawk Avenue overnight Jan. 18 or 19. The amount of damage was not available.
· Two Milwaukee men, 21 and 23, were arrested for theft of 32 bottles of perfume valued at $341 from Victoria's Secret, 5701 N. Centerpark Way, at 4 p.m. Jan. 19. The men fled the store with the perfume and ran north through the cemetery but were stopped. They also had 17 bottles of perfume taken from Bath and Body Works valued at $62.
· A woman reported the theft of her purse after giving a ride to a woman walking with two young boys and a girl in the 5700 block of North Green Bay Avenue at 7 p.m. Jan. 20. The driver said she picked them up because it was so cold outside and drove them to a bus stop in the 700 block of West Silver Spring Drive. A short time later, the driver discovered her purse, which had been on the back seat, holding a smartphone valued at $600 and about $60 was gone. She waived down an officer but the suspects were no longer in the area.
· Three females, 17, 18 and 23, residences not released, were arrested on warrants and for disorderly conduct after they yelled and cursed at employees and one also spit on an employee at Victoria's Secret, 5701 N. Centerpark Way, and then fled at 8:35 p.m. Jan. 21. The females were stopped about a block away.
· A 50-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested and charged for drunken driving, with two prior convictions, failure to have insurance and inattentive driving after causing a two-car accident at Green Bay Avenue and Pelican Lane at 6:05 p.m. Jan. 19. After the accident, the man got out of his car and as he walked in the street, was hit by another car. He was on the ground when police arrived but was not badly injured. When asked if he had been drinking, he said "A lot." His BAC was 0.16. He was taken to a hospital for minor injuries and a blood draw.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and failure to keep his motor vehicle under control after running off the road damaging a traffic sign on River and Green Tree roads at 10:55 p.m. Jan. 21. He failed field sobriety tests and admitted having "a couple of drinks." His BAC was 0.17.
· A camera valued at $500 was taken from an apartment in the 3500 block of North Oakland Avenue sometime Jan. 12 to 20. The resident said various friends were in the residence during those dates and she reported her camera missing after she found it had been pawned at Pawn America on Jan. 21.
· A man was caught on surveillance video taking six 91-ounce boxes of baby formula valued at $102 at Pick 'n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave., at 2:15 p.m. Jan. 17 and reported Jan. 18.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for driving under the influence, refusal to take a breath test and speeding 64 mph in a 30 mph zone in the 1200 block of East Capitol Drive at 9:20 p.m. Jan. 18. The man failed field sobriety tests and was taken to a hospital for treatment.
· A male, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of a prescribed narcotic without a prescription and stolen debit card, after his car was stopped for a suspended plate in the 2400 block of East Capitol Drive at 1 a.m. Jan. 19.
· A resident reported his car was scratched and three tires slashed in the 4000 block of North Wilson Drive between midnight and 10 a.m. Jan. 19. The amount of damage was not available.
· A Shorewood man, age not released, was arrested for battery/domestic violence related after his wife called 911 at 11:50 p.m. Jan. 21. Minor injuries were reported.
· A snowblower, value not available, was taken from a garage off an alley in the 4500 block of North Newhall Street during the day Jan. 23.
· A boy, age and residence not released, was cited for possession of marijuana after he was found with a cigar containing marijuana flakes at Shorewood Intermediate School, 3830 N. Morris Blvd. at 4:45 p.m. Jan. 23.
· A "large amount of jewelry," value not available, was taken from the 4900 block of North Woodburn Street sometime Jan. 16 to Jan. 20. There was sign of forced entry to a rear door. Family members and friends had visited the home during those dates.
· A snowblower valued at $300 was taken from an unlocked garage in the 500 block of East Chateau Place on Jan. 19 to Jan. 23.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, no proof of insurance, failure to stop at a flashing red light and refusal to take a breath tests in the 5200 block of North Marlborough Drive at 12:35 a.m. Jan. 20.
· An electronic tablet and case valued at $350 were taken when left on a changing station in a lower locker room at the Jewish Community Center, 6255 N. Santa Monica Blvd., between 3:30 and 3:45 p.m. Jan. 20.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for driving while impaired, possession of 5.3 grams of marijuana and defective stop lamps in the 4700 block of North Lake Drive at 11:30 p.m. Jan. 20. A female passenger, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia. She had a grinder with residue.
· A resident reported receiving two Discover Credit Cards that she had not applied for at 4:40 p.m. Jan. 21. One was in her name and one in someone else's name. She canceled the cards and put out a credit alert.
· A boy, a Whitefish Bay High School student, age and residence not released, was arrested for trespassing at Whitefish Bay Middle School, 1144 E. Henry Clay St., at 1:05 p.m. Jan. 22. He entered the school and refused to register. He then ran past a teacher down a hallway where he "confronted" a middle school student.
· Items valued at more than $1,400 including a lawn mower, tool boxes, a tackle box and chain saw were taken from a garage in the 5400 block of North Hollywood Avenue between 11:15 a.m. and 12:40 p.m. Jan. 23. There was no information regarding forced entry.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and failure to stop for a flashing red light at Silver Spring and Lake drives at 1:15 a.m. Jan. 25.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of alprazolam without a prescription, attempting to obtain prescribed medications with fraudulent prescriptions and a warrant for drug possession at CVS Pharmacy, 240 E. Hampton Road, at noon Jan. 25.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to 102 calls, 62 emergency medical and 40 fire/rescue, Jan. 20 to 26.
· Firefighters responded to smoke coming from the roof of a home in the 8300 block of North Greenvale Road, Fox Point, at 12:37 a.m. Jan. 22. The home was cleared and smoke was found in both the first and second floors and fire in a first floor wall. Crews located fire in the basement near the furnace and water heater which was extinguished.
· Firefighters responded to an automatic fire alarm coming from a second floor maintenance room at Bayshore Town Center, 5800 N. Bayshore Drive, at 5:55 a.m. Jan. 22. In that room, the crew found 10 to 15 mops that had burned and there was a strong chemical odor. An employee said the mops had just been dropped off after being cleaned when he saw smoke coming out so he moved them to see what was happening and they burst into flames. He extinguished the fire and no further damage was reported.
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: June 30, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 9, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: June 2, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, May 12, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, May 5, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 7, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 31, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 24, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 17, 2016