A representative from the Shorewood Band Parents Booster Club informed district administrators of a discrepancy in the club's accounts yesterday, prompting an investigation from Shorewood police, according to a district news release.
A leader within the Band Parents Booster Club has taken responsibility for the error, according to the release, though that individual has not been identified.
Shorewood police are in the beginning stages of the investigation and have not been able to comment on the case.
The district said in the release that it will lend support to the club as it sorts out the issue. The size of the accounting discrepancy has not been released.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay