Martin Lexmond has been chosen by the School Board to become Shorewood School District's new superintendent.
The board sat in closed session multiple times over the last two weeks, deliberating between Lexmond - currently superintendent of the Kohler Public School District - and current Lake Bluff Elementary Principal Kirk Juffer, weighing the candidates against the criteria gleaned from multiple community input sessions.
"We looked at that information and how well Martin fit with that," School Board member Colin Plese said. "We considered community feedback, and our own feedback."
Lexmond will succeed current Superintendent Blane McCann, who has been with the district for nine years and will soon become superintendent of Westside Community School District in Omaha, Neb.
"It is truly humbling to have an opportunity to serve the Shorewood community. Shorewood is known and respected for its commitment to student excellence," Lexmond said in a district news release. "I am excited to lead a team with such an enthusiasm for the education of its children."
Lexmond is expected to begin the job July 1.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay