Longtime Nicolet School Board member Marilyn Franklin will seek re-election April 3, but incumbent Jennifer Peltz will not seek another term.
A former English teacher, Franklin was first elected to the Nicolet Board in 1988 and has served continuously since then. She was a member of the Fox Point-Bayside School Board from 1977 to 1989.
Franklin, 66, lives with her husband at 7870 N. Regent Road. She has two adult sons and four grandchildren.
A graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, she earned a bachelor of science degree in secondary education.
Members serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 a year.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner'
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay