A ransom note sent via text message did not work out as planned for three Milwaukee men.
The men, one 26 and two 19, were arrested Oct. 16 for receiving a cell phone stolen the day before at iPic, 5750 N. Bayshore Drive.
According to the Glendale police report:
The owner reported the theft after receiving text messages demanding a "ransom" of $550 to get his phone back.
Police had the owner set up a meeting with the men and take along an undercover officer.
They met in the 6400 block of North 76th Street, where two men were arrested.
The third man, a theater employee, was arrested at his home and said he didn't steal the phone, it had been lost.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Glendale officials seek names for venues in Richard E. Maslowski Community Park
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- Jewish nonprofit leader passes torch after 13 years