Shorewood junior Malachi Krishok was named the team MVP after earning all-Woodland Conference honors.
Krishok was named a first-team all-North Division and second-team all-conference infielder.
Krishok hit .392 in conference play with a .530 on-base percentage while playing shortstop, pitcher and center field. He is Shorewood’s first all-conference performer since the Greyhounds moved to the Woodland Conference two years ago.
“He usually was one of the first players at practice and one of the last to leave,” Shorewood coach Tom Meyer said. “He demonstrated outstanding leadership both on and off the field.”
The Greyhounds finished 4-23, but Meyer still found positives in year three of a rebuilding process. The Greyhounds won one more game than a year ago, sweeping a three-game series with Wauwatosa West and upsetting Pewaukee.
“The measuring stick at this point in time is not victories or defeats,” he said, “but rather rests with the overall advancement of the program. In this realm there are positive as well as negative signs.”
Meyer said that a number of juniors have indicated they are committed to return next season.
“This is a key component to the future success of the program,” he said. “Only three seniors were on the squad this year, and added maturity in numbers is needed among the veterans for next year.”
Seniors John Harrison, Will McCann and Stephen Weyer were honorary captains. Junior Robert Duffy was named rookie of the year and junior Karl Gaebler was the most improved player. Junior Josh Rathkamp was named the outstanding pitcher and junior Patrick Sellars as the outstanding hitter.
- 12-year-old Shorewood journalist gets her scoop at the Republican National Convention
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- 92-year-old Shorewood building will be torn down to make way for North Shore Bank building
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Milwaukee's first surf shop rides into Shorewood
- Development is off the table in Wilson Drive discussions
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- Bublr makes push for extra bike rental stations in Shorewood
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016