After an intensive two-year self study and a three-day site visit, the Medical College of Wisconsin has received the maximum 10-year reaccreditation from the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC-NCA). The reaccreditation covers all Medical College programs leading to the M.D., Ph.D., M.S., M.A. and M.P.H. degrees. In November, a site visit team spent three days at the College, meeting with College leadership, faculty, staff and students, as well as representatives from community partners and affiliated institutions.
In its final report, the HLC said, "The Medical College of Wisconsin is to be commended for developing, achieving excellence, and maintaining the quality of education, research, and patient care. The present administration has effectively developed the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center campus as the primary patient care resource for Eastern Wisconsin."
"Reaccreditation is an extensive, lengthy process, that requires the efforts of so many people at or connected with the Medical College of Wisconsin," said T. Michael Bolger, JD, President and CEO. "Receiving reaccreditation for the maximum 10 years, and receiving a very positive and upbeat report from the NCA, shows that we are committed to our mission, we are committed to our faculty, staff and students, and we are committed to our partners and the community. It shows that the College truly does Practice What We Teach."
The report also stated that, "The Medical College has demonstrated the institution meets all of the (accreditation) criteria, and the team has confidence the institution's current resources, policies and planning processes are sufficiently strong to warrant a ten-year accreditation, with the next comprehensive site visit in the academic year of 2016-2017."
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- #BestSummerEverNOW: Share your 2016 summer photos of you in the Milwaukee suburbs