There were low points for Brown Deer last week, but the Falcons did get a major high point when Brittany Bobholz blasted a bases-loaded triple to left-center field to bring home the winning runs in a wild, 17-15 decision over St. Francis on April 22.
"We were trailing by four going into the bottom of the seventh and I thought we showed a lot of character," Falcons coach Jeff Bersch said. "It was a good game for us."
The win helped make up for distressing defeats at the hands of St. Thomas More (17-0) and Whitnall (24-0).
The win over St. Francis was encouraging for the Falcons because at one point they trailed, 11-4. A six-run fifth got them back into the game before the final rally in the seventh.
Brown Deer (2-5) had 19 hits on the night with Raven Crenshaw, Lauren Senour and Bobholz notching four apiece and Ashley Haizel and Darcy Murtaugh getting two each. Jenna Hespe earned the win despite 10 walks.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Rock climbing wall, trampolines might come to Brown Deer business park
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- #BestSummerEverNOW: Share your 2016 summer photos of you in the Milwaukee suburbs
- Brown Deer man accused of molesting, photographing 11-year-old stepdaughter