A competitive first half was not enough for Brown Deer as the Falcons fell victim to a 38-13 second-session outburst by host Pewaukee in a 56-29 defeat Feb. 9.
The Falcons fell to 2-12 in Woodland play and 4-14 overall with the defeat. They will close their regular season on Friday, Feb. 16, at New Berlin West (10-7). The Falcons drew the fourth seed in their WIAA Division 2 regional bracket and will host Whitefish Bay (1-18) in a regional quarterfinal at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20.
The winner of that game advances to a regional semifinal at top seed Messmer on Thursday, Feb. 22 (TBA). The regional final is Saturday, Feb. 24, at Wauwatosa East (TBA).
Brown Deer trailed Pewaukee, 18-16, at the half but the margin increased to 34-20 by the end of the third quarter.
Sydney Nelson had eight points and Samantha Weber six for the Falcons.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Rock climbing wall, trampolines might come to Brown Deer business park
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- #BestSummerEverNOW: Share your 2016 summer photos of you in the Milwaukee suburbs
- Brown Deer man accused of molesting, photographing 11-year-old stepdaughter