A 15-year-old Brown Deer boy was taken to a local hospital for non life threatening injuries after he was struck by a car around 7 a.m. today.
According to police, the boy was crossing North 60th Street in the crosswalk at West Tower Avenue when a car driven by a 49-year-old Milwaukee woman struck the boy. The woman, who was driving north on 60th Street told police she did not see the boy. The boy was walking to Brown Deer High School where he is a student.
The pedestrian sustained non-life threatening injuries, including a possible broken leg, and was transported by North Shore Fire Department ambulance to a local area hospital. The parents of the pedestrian were notified.
The vehicle, a 2007 Honda, sustained minor damage and the driver was not injured. The driver was cited for failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk and released from the scene.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay