Brown Deer Police officers responded to a report of a suspicious device that was located in vacant residence in the 9000 block of North Brandybrook Trail at 8:17 this morning.
According to a news release, a safe perimeter was established by evacuating a limited number of residential homes and condominium units in the immediate area. The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad was contacted and rendered the device safe.
It appears at this time to be a hoax device. Area residents were allowed to return to their residences once the device was deemed safe.
At this time an investigation is ongoing to determine the origin of the device.
There were no injuries that occurred as a result of this incident.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Glendale officials seek names for venues in Richard E. Maslowski Community Park
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- Jewish nonprofit leader passes torch after 13 years