Voters in Mequon's 8th Aldermanic District returned longtime alderwoman Pam Adams to the Common Council. Adams, first elected in 1994, had 491 votes to challenger Nancy Anderson's 401 votes.
Reached at a small election night party at her home, Adams said she is very happy.
"I appreciate the support of the district and will continue to represent their interest in furthering Mequon's future," she said.
Adams has not faced any opposition in 12 years but said she campaigned hard.
"I did a lot of door to door and I find that very inspiring," she said.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay