Getting around the North Shore will become more difficult beginning July 19 when plans call for the total closure of the Green Tree Road bridge until Aug. 1. The bridge will be resurfaced. The dates are subject to change depending on weather.
Bridge work on both the Good Hope and Brown Deer road bridges continues during the period.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation Southeast Region in Waukesha will also begin work on July 22 on the $350,000 project to improve Wisconsin Highway 57 (Cedarburg Road).
This project involves replacing a small structure within the roadway at Trinity Creek, which crosses Cedarburg Road south of Mequon Road.
Cedarburg Road will be closed to traffic at the Trinity Creek crossing for the duration of the project. A detour route will be posted directing traffic to Brown Deer Road to North 76th Street/Wauwatosa Road to Mequon Road for northbound traffic, and the reverse route for southbound traffic.
The contractor, Concrete Structures, is scheduled to complete the project by Sept. 3, weather permitting.
The project will be paid for with a combination of local and state transportation funds.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner'
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay