Getting around the North Shore will become more difficult beginning July 19 when plans call for the total closure of the Green Tree Road bridge until Aug. 1. The bridge will be resurfaced. The dates are subject to change depending on weather.
Bridge work on both the Good Hope and Brown Deer road bridges continues during the period.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation Southeast Region in Waukesha will also begin work on July 22 on the $350,000 project to improve Wisconsin Highway 57 (Cedarburg Road).
This project involves replacing a small structure within the roadway at Trinity Creek, which crosses Cedarburg Road south of Mequon Road.
Cedarburg Road will be closed to traffic at the Trinity Creek crossing for the duration of the project. A detour route will be posted directing traffic to Brown Deer Road to North 76th Street/Wauwatosa Road to Mequon Road for northbound traffic, and the reverse route for southbound traffic.
The contractor, Concrete Structures, is scheduled to complete the project by Sept. 3, weather permitting.
The project will be paid for with a combination of local and state transportation funds.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Glendale officials seek names for venues in Richard E. Maslowski Community Park
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- Jewish nonprofit leader passes torch after 13 years