Robert Whitaker will be sworn in May 6 as the second chief of the 15-year-old North Shore Fire Department.
Whitaker, a deputy chief in the department, was chosen this week by the North Shore Fire Commission.
The other applicant was Andrew Harris, also a deputy chief for the department.
Whitaker, a Mequon resident with 18 years of firefighting experience, replaces David Berousek. He resigned in February for health reasons.
Berousek had been chief since the department, which serves Bayside, Brown Deer, Fox Point, Glendale, River Hills, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay, was formed in 1995.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner'
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay