Fire causes $165,000 damage to Shorewood house

Dec. 28, 2009

A faulty chimney installation was blamed for a house fire in Shorewood on Sunday afternoon that displaced two families.

The North Shore Fire Department responded to a house fire at 3627 N. Morris Blvd., Shorewood, at 1:03 p.m. Sunday. Upon arrival, fire personnel found heavy smoke was emitting from the second floor of the residence. Fire was found in the walls of the first and second floors, which extended into the attic of the structure. The fire, which started in the chimney, was difficult to extinguish due to the concealed spaces in which is traveled through.

Fire investigators have determined the cause of the fire to be related to the chimney installation. Damages are estimated at $165,000 for both property and contents.

Forty-seven firefighters responded to the scene with six engines, two truck companies, three ambulances and three chief officers.

Most Popular


Local Crime Map



Latest Photo Galleries