Chimney fire displaces two families in Shorewood
Two families were displaced following a fire at a home in Shorewood this afternoon.
When North Shore firefighters were sent to a home in the 3600 block of N. Morris Blvd. around 1 p.m. they discovered heavy smoke coming from the second floor.
The fire ignited in the chimney and was difficult to extinguish because the smoke and flames traveled through concealed spaces, fire officials said. Investigators determined the cause of the fire was related to the installation of the chimney.
Damages were estimated at $165,000. There were no injuries.
Crime News Updates
- Semi with 20,000 pounds of cheese stolen in Oak Creek
- Girl, 3, woman wounded in shooting on Milwaukee's north side
- Vans, car stolen in burglary at Cedarburg dealership
- Milwaukee police search for man who pointed a gun at man downtown
- Watchdog Update: Todd Dyer, the ‘bring it on’ felon, indicted for 3rd time