Area health departments have scheduled four flu clinics in December.
The North Shore and Shorewood/Whitefish Bay Health Departments are having an H1N1 immunization clinic from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Bavarian Inn, 700 W. Lexington Blvd., Glendale.
The North Shore Health Department also is having an H1N1 immunization clinic from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday from at the Brown Deer Village Hall, 4800 W. Green Brook Drive.
The Shorewood/Whitefish Bay Health Department is holding an H1N1 clinic from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Shorewood Village Center, 3920 N. Murray Ave..
The clinics are open to all those age 6 months of age and older. There is no charge for the H1N1 vaccine. Both nasal and injectable vaccine will be administered, according to CDC guidelines.
The North Shore Health Department also will have a seasonal flu immunization clinic from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 9 at the Brown Deer Village Hall.
People with Medicare Part B as their primary insurer, which does not include those with a Medicare HMO, will not be charged for the seasonal flu shots. Vaccines are $30 for others age 19 and over. Children's flu vaccines are free.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner'
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay