The fate of longtime Brown Deer Middle School physical education teacher and coach Joe Jefferson will be decided by the School Board, although when is uncertain.
Jefferson, who could not be reached for comment, has not been at the school for several months.
"He's on leave at the moment," District Administrator Deb Kerr said. "That's all I can say at this time."
The board has been meeting in closed session to discuss Jefferson's future with the district. State statutes authorize boards to have meetings in closed session when deliberating about personnel matters. Any decisions, however, need to be made in open session.
A meeting scheduled Jan. 28, however, was canceled. According to the agenda, it was "regarding possible disciplinary action and possible nonrenewal of the teacher's contract."
The meeting has not been rescheduled.
- Dave Fidlin, Staff Writer
- Rock climbing wall, trampolines might come to Brown Deer business park
- Brown Deer man accused of molesting, photographing 11-year-old stepdaughter
- Brown Deer school taxes going down
- Brown Deer Elementary School schedule might change
- Three juveniles arrested after police pursuit
- Marquette students offer marketing advice to Brown Deer
- Gas station, offices coming to Brown Deer
- Brown Deer named an 'All-America City'
- Brown Deer competing to become an 'All-America City'
- Public weighs in on Brown Deer Park changes