School districts across the North Shore are extending extreme weather closings to Tuesday, Jan. 7, and the districts that close their district offices Tuesday will push back the spring election filing deadline to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Districts were closed today after temperatures plummeted into the negatives with wind chills into the negative 40s. Closings were extended until Tuesday for the following North Shore school districts (districts that have reported on their deadlines are noted):
· Brown Deer (deadline extended)
· Fox Point-Bayside (deadline extended)
· Glendale-River Hills
· Maple Dale-Indian Hill
· Mequon-Thiensville (deadline extended)
· Nicolet (deadline extended)
· Shorewood (deadline still 5 p.m. Jan. 7)
· Whitefish Bay (deadline extended)
Whether districts extend their spring election filing deadline depends on whether their district offices are openTuesday.
According to the state Government Accountability Board, districts that close their offices tomorrow can extend the election filing deadline until 5 p.m. Wednesday. Districts that keep their main offices open will have to follow the statutory filing deadline of 5 p.m. Tuesday.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay