North Shore Fire Department crews inadvertently discovered elevated levels of carbon monoxide at the Sprecher Brewery in Glendale while tending to an employee injured by several falling kegs.
According to an NSFD news release:
Bayside dispatch received a call at 4:05 p.m. yesterday requesting an ambulance for an employee who had been injured by several falling kegs.
While tending to the employee, a carbon monoxide warning device attached to a medical kit sounded, indicating elevated carbon monoxide levels. Crews on scene retrieved additional meters from the fire engine, finding readings as high as 120 parts per million (ppm) throughout areas of the structure.
The brewery was evacuated and ventilated. No employees complained of symptoms or requested evaluation from NSFD crews.
The source of the carbon monoxide was determined to be a forklift. NSFD advised brewery representatives not to use the forklift within the structure.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay