Glendale - Firefighters responded to a garage fire at 7425 North Berwyn Avenue at approximately 4 a.m. this morning, extinguishing a fire which caused an estimated $90,000 in damages and no injuries to occupants of the building.
According to a North Shore Fire Department news release, the Bayside Communications Center received the first call around 4 a.m. from an alarm monitoring agency. While responders were on the way to the scene, two more calls came in and the response was upgraded to bring more equipment and personnel.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the attached garage of the community based residential facility, and called for additional support. The fire was extinguished quickly, limiting the exposure of the living area of the facility, though smoke damage was reportedly extensive throughout.
One firefighter was treated for a minor injury at the scene. The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner'
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay