Whitefish Bay - An Oklahoma-based frozen yogurt chain has announced plans to enter Wisconsin with its first store operating in the village.
Representatives from Cherry Berry came before the Plan Commission on Tuesday and were granted a conditional-use permit to operate a store at 106 W. Silver Spring Drive. The space is next to Dunkin' Donuts and ATI Physical Therapy.
Cherry Berry touts itself as a self-service yogurt bar that uses fresh ingredients. A wide variety of yogurt flavors and toppings are featured on the menu. Other featured amenities include free Wi-Fi service with indoor seating made available.
Franchisee Julie Bartol said Cherry Berry has a history of community involvement through a number of means, including participation in fundraising efforts.
"There's a real emphasis on working with the community, she said.
Cherry Berry's application had the backing of village staff, who noted the store hours are compatible with Dunkin' Donuts and ATI Physical Therapy. With Dunkin' Donuts' peak hours being early in the morning, Village Manager Pat DeGrave said he did not believe parking would be an issue, based on Cherry Berry's planned operating hours of 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
The local Cherry Berry anticipates hiring 10 employees, with about three working at any given time.
According to the company's website, additional locations across the state are planned in Appleton, Eau Claire, Green Bay, Janesville, La Crosse, Mequon and Oshkosh.
No opening date has been set, but Bartol said she plans to open "soon."
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner'
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay