The Whitnall Park warming house and sledding area are open until 8 p.m. today. Cross-country ski trails will be open, and ski rentals will be available in the concessions area of the warming house. Normal weekend hours for the warming house will be in effect this weekend with Saturday hours from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Other winter activities to take advantage of are downhill skiing at Crystal Ridge Ski Resort, starting tonight from 5 to 10 p.m. Door County Sled dogs, providing authentic rides will also be open for normal weekend hours starting Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For information, call the Door County Sled Dog hotline at (414) 967-9677.
All Milwaukee County Parks sledding hills will be in full operation today.
Lighted sledding hills for day or night-time fun (lights will be on tonight):
Currie Park, 3535 N. Mayfair Road, lit until 9 p.m.
Whitnall Park, 5879 S. 92nd St. lit until 10 p.m.
Humboldt Park, 3000 S. Howell Ave. lit until 8 p.m.
Pulaski (Milwaukee), 2677 S. 116th St. lit until 10 p.m.
Daytime sledding hills include:
McCarty Park, 8214 W. Cleveland Ave.
Columbus Park, 7301 W. Courtland Ave.
Greene Park, 4235 S. Lipton Ave.
Hales Corners Park, 5765 S. New Berlin Rd.
LaFollette Park, 9418 W. Washington St.
Maitland Park, 6001 S. 13th St.
Wilson Recreation, 4001 S. 20th St.
McGovern, 5400 N. 51st St.
For more information go to CountyParks.com or call Milwaukee County Parks at (414) 257-7275.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay