Brown Deer man shot at home; suspect in custody
Brown Deer - A 24-year-old Brown Deer man who sought treatment for a gunshot wound at St. Mary's Hospital Ozaukee today was taken by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital as a precaution. Hospital staff via Mequon Police notified Brown Deer police of the shooting at 10:03 a.m. According to police, the victim said he was shot at his home in the village and driven to the hospital by another family member.
He suffered a single gunshot wound to his leg/pelvic area.
A 20-year-old relative of the victim, who is also a resident of Brown Deer, was identified as the suspect in the shooting. After fleeing the scene, he eventually appeared at the Brown Deer Police Department with his attorney and is currently in custody.
This incident remains under investigation.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay