River Hills Village Manager Tom Tollaksen is resigning his post. His last day in the office will be Jan. 27.
Tollaksen, who was appointed River Hills' village manager in September, 1996, said he believes his goals at the village have been largely accomplished, including modernization of public services, improvement of village infrastructure, and fostering of a competent, compassionate and creative village staff.
"Although I will no longer be village manager," Tollaksen said, "I look forward to doing what I can to continue the village's status as a strong and vibrant community."
Tollaksen said his decision to leave the village was not an easy one.
"There are other personal goals that I want to accomplish," he said, "and the timing seems right for me and my family."
He said he is committed to continuing to work hard for the remainder of his tenure as village manager to continue to address financial challenges and to prepare for as seamless a transition as possible.
He said: "The village's budget has not been without challenges. But, the board and the employees have shown a willingness to work together to meet the shared goal of delivering quality services to village residents at a reasonable cost. It has been a privilege to serve the village of River Hills."
The village posted a classified advertisement on the League of Municipalities Web site seeking a manager/clerk/treasurer Jan. 13. Clerk/Treasurer Barbara Goeckner left the village in early December for a deputy clerk position in Hales Corners.
- USM student charged with taking upskirt photos of female classmates
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter