Seniors at many North Shore high schools donned cap and gown last weekend for graduation ceremonies. Nicolet High School's senior class will graduate Sunday.
Highlights of the ceremonies follow. (For high schools that no longer name valedictorian and salutatorian, we have included the names of the student graduation speakers.)
Brown Deer High School graduated 160 students June 11. Aaron Blumberg, who will attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison, was valedictorian; Collin Rice, the salutatorian, is going to Northwestern University.
Homestead High School graduated 379 students June 12. Graduation speakers, selected by a committee that includes faculty, staff and students, were Siena Mitman, who will attend Bowdoin College; Anastasia Skliarova, Lawrence University, and Courtney Taylor, Agnes Scott College.
Nicolet High School could not provide the number of graduates because exams were still taking place, but the top graduates on each of the district's grading scales are Robert Bamberger and Elizabeth Schoenfeldt, who will both attend UW-Madison, and Joseph Margolies, who will attend Princeton University.
Shorewood High School graduated 150 students June 8. The Although requested, the names of student speakers were not provided.
Whitefish Bay High School graduated 214 students June 12. Valedictorian Sue Lim is going to the University of Pennsylvania; salutatorian Olivia Morales Leslie will attend Northwestern University.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Glendale officials seek names for venues in Richard E. Maslowski Community Park
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- Jewish nonprofit leader passes torch after 13 years