Seniors at many North Shore high schools donned cap and gown last weekend for graduation ceremonies. Nicolet High School's senior class will graduate Sunday.
Highlights of the ceremonies follow. (For high schools that no longer name valedictorian and salutatorian, we have included the names of the student graduation speakers.)
Brown Deer High School graduated 160 students June 11. Aaron Blumberg, who will attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison, was valedictorian; Collin Rice, the salutatorian, is going to Northwestern University.
Homestead High School graduated 379 students June 12. Graduation speakers, selected by a committee that includes faculty, staff and students, were Siena Mitman, who will attend Bowdoin College; Anastasia Skliarova, Lawrence University, and Courtney Taylor, Agnes Scott College.
Nicolet High School could not provide the number of graduates because exams were still taking place, but the top graduates on each of the district's grading scales are Robert Bamberger and Elizabeth Schoenfeldt, who will both attend UW-Madison, and Joseph Margolies, who will attend Princeton University.
Shorewood High School graduated 150 students June 8. The Although requested, the names of student speakers were not provided.
Whitefish Bay High School graduated 214 students June 12. Valedictorian Sue Lim is going to the University of Pennsylvania; salutatorian Olivia Morales Leslie will attend Northwestern University.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner'
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay