Southeastern Wisconsin residents have an opportunity to Explore Remodeling's Finest at the 12th annual Milwaukee/NARI Spring Home Improvement Showcase ... A Tour of Remodeled Homes, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 14 and May 15.
The spring showcase is produced by the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council and allows attendees to view 19 recently completed remodeling and home improvement projects from Milwaukee/NARI contractors at homes throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
The showcase features three projects in the North Shore:
• 5405 W. Parkview Drive, Mequon; B & E General Contractors: master bedroom addition, kitchen renovation/expansion and bathroom renovation. This home renovation features energy efficiency and environmentally aware concepts. The home's flaws were uncovered in an energy audit, and the proper corrective measures were instituted to benefit the owners.
• 5656 North Shore Drive, Whitefish Bay; Cream City Construction: first floor interior remodel. The homeowner was looking to completely remodel the home's first floor, and it now offers the desired style and function. The kitchen, which was completely redone, includes a heated marble floor, countertops, and backsplashes. A first floor bedroom was converted to a home office with built-in floor to ceiling cabinetry. The living room was updated with a new stone fireplace face with wood mantle.
• 2720 E. Shorewood Blvd., Shorewood; Design Group Three: kitchen and powder room remodel. Although it had been remodeled in 1989, the home's kitchen was aesthetically and functionally outdated. The new design features character, craftsmanship, and detail that provide a combination of form and function, giving the homeowners a refined space to work and grow. The objective was to update and modernize the kitchen while maintaining the home's integrity and style.
An added attraction for the 2011 Spring Showcase is an opportunity to win a bathroom makeover from the Kohler Co., which will include a Kohler Cimarron pedestal lavatory and Comfort Height toilet with a Quiet Close Seat, mirrored cabinet, sculpted faucet, toilet tissue holder, towel ring, and towel bar. Patrons that visit at least five of the project locations will be eligible to register to win the prize package.
Spring Home Improvement Showcase admission is $6 in advance, and $8 at the door of the projects. Advance tickets can be purchased from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. through May 13 at B&E General Contractors, 6001 N. Green Bay Road, Glendale.
Attendees who bring two, nonperishable food items to the door of the first project they visit will receive a $2 admission discount, with the food items to be donated to Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin (formerly America's Second Harvest of Wisconsin).
For information on the Milwaukee/NARI Spring Home Improvement Showcase, visit milwaukeenari.org or call (414) 771-4071.
- Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay