A woman going into labor didn't quite make it to the hospital before her baby arrived.
According to the North Shore Fire Department:
Friday at about 2:27 a.m., the Fire Department received a call reporting the delivery of a child in a vehicle that had pulled off of Interstate 43 northbound at the Port Washington Road exit, just south of the Milwaukee and Ozaukee county lines.
On arrival, crews found that the mother had in fact delivered the child in the passenger seat of the vehicle while on their way to the Columbia-St. Mary's Ozaukee Columbia Center Birthing Pavilion.
After a short, on-scene assessment of both the mom and child, they were transported to their intended destination in Ozaukee.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Glendale officials seek names for venues in Richard E. Maslowski Community Park
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- Jewish nonprofit leader passes torch after 13 years