• The following students were named to the dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse for the fall 2009 semester: Zuley Stolen - Bayside; Justin Gordon, Kristin Lillie,David Schimenz and Austin Schoen- Brown Deer; Kayla Wandsnider - Fox Point; Melissa Appleby, Britney Kruesel, John Kuehn,Jacob Szymborski and Danielle Wallace- Mequon; Nathan Schultz - Shorewood; Daniel Knorr - Thiensville; Sarah Malone Ryan McCann, Sarah McManus, Andrew Sewalish and Jennifer Wysocky - Whitefish Bay.
• Alexis LaMacchia of Mequon and Rebecca Schmidt of Whitefish Bay were both named to the dean's list at Minnesota State University for the fall 2009 semester.
• The following students were named to the dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire for the fall 2009 semester: Laura Small- Bayside; Stephanie Cybela - Brown Deer; Lauren Boer - Glendale; Molly Sarles and Mark Sluzinski - Mequon; and Nicholas Rozek - Whitefish Bay.
• The following students graduated from Marquette University on Dec. 15: James Elliot, Clara Iyere, Lynne LeMense, Cara Schuhart and Corey Wernlund - Brown Deer; Annette Damato, Jessica Lautmann, Eli Rapkin and Charles Stone - Fox Point; Luba Aganina, Amelia Figg-Franzoi, Michael Mayer, David Plautz and Noah Rickun - Mequon; Michael Koss - River Hills; Josef Shomperlen - Shorewood; and RaymondAuth, Steven Dunn, Betsey Fruncek, Jonathan Hackney, Laureen Hoeft, Paul Holdredge, Claire Mezzanotte, DanielaNiemetz, Paul Pejsa, Curt Pelischek, Christopher Spaude and Idil Yorulmazoglu - Whitefish Bay.
• Christopher Davis of Mequon and BrittanyTrimble of Whitefish Bay were both named to the dean's list at Skidmore College for the fall 2009 semester.
• Dana Larsen of Mequon was named to the dean's list at Baylor University for the fall 2009 semester.
• Emma Buechs of Glendale was a named to the dean's list at Macalester College for the 2009 fall semester.
• Jennifer Brendemuehl of Brown Deer was named to the dean's list at Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design for the fall 2009 semester.
• The following students were named to the dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh for the fall 2009 semester: Mia Sweeney - Bayside; Zach Schimenz - Brown Deer; Pamela Benedon, SaraLaLicata, Amy Miller, Carlos Torres and Kellie Winkler - Glendale; Jessica Barnes, Peter Blain, Eric Broman, GinaBuzzanca, Kristin Doerfer, Eric Glaum, Kelly Halloran, KylaHensel, Erica King, Christopher Schinner and Blaire Wooll - Mequon; Kelsey Churchill, Kathryn O'Keef and Joshua Rathkamp - Shorewood; Nicole Jeanpierre - Thiensville; and Emily Bostwick and David Rice - Whitefish Bay.
• The following students won awards in Dominican High School's 17th annual Academic Challenge on Jan. 29: Jacob Drehobl, eighth grade, first-place math; Sarah Baker, seventh grade, first-place religious studies; and Margaret Naczek, eighth grade, second-place; - all students at St. Eugene School; Clare O'Malley, eighth grade, second-place art; Sophie Kirtley, eight grade, first-place English; Grace Bobber, seventh grade, first-place performing arts; Ali Walton, eighth grade, second-place performing arts; Livvie May, eighth grade, second-place religious studies; and Jonathan Bartlett, seventh grade, first-place social studies; - all students at Lumen Christi School; Patrick Byrne, eighth grade, second-place English; Clement Mattox, seventh grade, second-place French; Emmett Conlon, eighth grade, second-place French; Ellie Schueller, second grade, second-place religious studies; and Leo Konewko, seventh grade, first-place Spanish; - all students at St. Robert School; and Maggie Beck, eighth grade, first-place religious studies; a student at St. Monica. First- and second-place winners receive renewable scholarships to Dominican.
• Maleka Laster, a seventh-grader from Brown Deer Middle School, and Maggie Beck, an eighth-grader from St. Monica School, were winners in the annual American History Essay Contest sponsored by the Milwaukee Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Each girl received a $100 U.S. Savings Bond, bronze medal and a certificate.
• U.S. Air Force Airman 1st Class Andrew Moriarity graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. Andrew is a 2005 graduate of Whitefish Bay High School and the grandson of Vera Stolberg of Franklin.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Matthew Wingers graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. Matthew is a 2009 graduate of Homestead High School and the son of Larry and Michelle Wingers of Mequon.
Send Celebrations submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Celebrations: July 10
- Celebrations: June 19
- North Shore Celebrations: May 15
- Celebrations: May 1
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: April 10
- Celebrations: April 3
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 11
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 9
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31