Actaea Works to close longtime Shorewood spa
Salon and spa operator Actaea Works Ltd. will close its longtime Shorewood location, and consolidate its operations in Bay View, owner Jason Wedesky said Wednesday.
Actaea plans to close the Shorewood operation, at 4001 N. Oakland Ave., after Thanksgiving weekend, Wedesky said. He said none of the company's 35 employees will be laid off, and the Bay View location, at 2173 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., will remain open.
Actaea was founded in Shorewood 17 years ago, and has operated at the northwest corner of N. Oakland Ave. and E. Capitol Drive for 12 years, Wedesky said. The Bay View location opened in 2007.
Both sites are around 3,000 square feet each, Wedesky said. He said Actaea has expanded the Bay View location since buying that building, and no longer needed two locations. Actaea leases the Shorewood space from Katz Properties.
- South side assisted living development wins approval
- Downtown riverfront development site listed for sale
- Ballpark Commons could get $26 million in city funds, study suggests
- Video: Whitestone Station continues adding apartments, commercial space in Falls
- Marcus to add lounge, pizzeria at Menomonee Falls cinema
- Direct Supply expansion could include city properties, bus property
- Video gaming, chess club business proposed for Riverwest
- Riverside Theater replacing balcony seats
- Apartments proposed for former Allis-Chalmers offices
- Video: Historic downtown office building finding new life as hotel
Commercial Real Estate News
The project, called Edison Place, would be developed on 2.25 acres overlooking the Milwaukee River, north of E. Knapp St.
Katie Falvey, Marcus Corp. vice president of real estate, declined to provide details about the plans, which could change.
Find property assessments for other communities throughout the state at AssessorData.org.
The Milwaukee Department of City Development website includes information on the city Plan Commission and Redevelopment Authority.
The Commercial Association of Realtors Wisconsin offers information on commercial realtors and real estate.
The Milwaukee chapter of the Institute of Real Estate Management serves the needs of real estate management professionals
The Wisconsin chapter of the NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association aims to serve developers and owners of commercial real estate.
The Land and Space blog was recognized by the Society of American Business Editors and Writers in the blog category for dailies with circulation between 200,000 to 500,000.